Friday, June 7, 2013

Irritable Bowel Syndrome FAQ


1a: What is Irritable Bowel Syndrome?

1b: What is the  prevalence of IBS?

1c: What factors contribute to the onset of IBS?

1d:  How long does IBS last?

1e: What effect does IBS have on one's  lifestyle?

1f: Are my symptoms just "all in my head" or psychosomatic?

1g:  What factors contribute to health care utilization?


PART 2: Symptoms

2a: What are the symptoms of IBS?

2b: How severe are  these symptoms?

2c: Does everybody get the same symptoms?

PART 3: Medical Facts

3a: What causes IBS?

3b: What is the role of  psychological and/or social factors in IBS?


3c: Is IBS  life-threatening?

3d: Will IBS lead to colon or rectal cancer?

3e: Will  IBS lead to IBD (Crohn's, ulcerative colitis)?

3f: Will my IBS eventually go  away, or will I have it for the rest of my life?

PART 4: Diagnosis

PART 1: Background
4a: How do I know for sure if I have IBS?

4b: Is IBS a  legitimate diagnosis? Should I seek a second opinion?

PART 5: Related Maladies

5a: How does IBS differ from Crohn's disease or ulcerative  colitis?

5b: How does IBS differ from gluten enteropathy/celiac  disease?

5c: How does IBS relate to other broad-spectrum symdromes, such as  Fibromylagia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Myofascial Pain Syndrome (MPS),  Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Syndrome (MCSS), and others?

For more information visit: http://www.bowtrol.com/?aid=457611